Travel Information: COVID‐19 Update
A provincial requirement for proof of full vaccination will be implemented as of October 4, 2021 for anyone who is 12 years and older to participate in discretionary, non-essential events and activities that gather people together, including:
- Full-service restaurants where patrons sit at tables to be served, both indoors and on patios
- Food establishments (like fast food and coffee shops) where people sit to eat and drink, both indoors and on patios (not including takeout, drive-thru or delivery)
- Liquor licensed (drinking) establishments (like bars, wineries, distillery tasting rooms, craft taprooms and liquor manufacturers), both indoors and on patios
- Casinos and gaming establishments, both indoors and on patios
- Fitness establishments (like gyms and yoga studios) and sport and recreation facilities (like arenas, pools and large multipurpose recreation facilities)
- Businesses and organizations offering indoor and outdoor recreation and leisure activities (like climbing facilities, dance classes, escape rooms, go-carts, indoor arcades, indoor play spaces, music lessons, pottery painting, shooting ranges and outdoor adventure)
- Indoor and outdoor festivals, special events and arts and culture events (like theatre performances, concerts and movie theatres), unless they're outdoor events held in a public space with no specific entry point (like Nocturne)
- Indoor and outdoor sports practices, games, competitions and tournaments (participants and spectators)
- Bus, boat and walking tours
- Museums, Art Gallery of Nova Scotia and public library programs
- Indoor and outdoor events and activities like receptions, social events, conferences and training that are hosted by a business or organization
- Indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies and funerals (including receptions and visitation) that are hosted by a business or organization
- Community meetings in rental spaces or where the public may be present (like annual general meetings of businesses or organizations)
- Training hosted by a business or organization (like driver training or courses offered by a business that provides training) and any training using a rental space
Children 11 and younger are exempt from the proof of vaccination (they can attend events and activities with a fully vaccinated adult).
Proof of vaccination will not be required for the following:
- Retail stores
- Personal services like hair salons, barber shops, spas, nail salons and body art establishments
- Healthcare services and health professions like doctor's offices, dental care, massage therapy and physiotherapy
- Rental accommodations like hotel rooms, cottages and campgrounds
- Faith services
- Places where government services are offered (like Access Nova Scotia)
- General access to public libraries (like borrowing books and using computers)
- Public transportation
For a full list, please visit novascotia.ca
Entry to Canada for Fully Vaccinated American Citizens and Permanent Residents as of August 9, 2021
Effective August 9, 2021, Canada will allow entry to fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents (currently residing in the US) for leisure travel. If you meet the entry criteria, fully vaccinated travellers do not have to quarantine upon arrival to Canada. For the latest information visit the Government of Canada website.
Face covering are required in all indoor public areas. Guests must wear a mask when moving through the hotel and restaurant public spaces, and can remove their masks once they enter their room or are seated at their table.
The well-being of our guests, team members, and our community are our highest priority.
We aim to provide the level of comfort and service that you need to confidently travel, plan, and manage your booking during these unprecedented circumstances.
Amenities and services at our hotel
Following provincial regulations, and with health and safety as our top priority, we will be re-opening select services while respecting safe physical distancing. The following services will be open with modifications:
- Continental Breakfast Buffet
- Trio Restaurant & Lounge
- Fitness Centre
- Room Service
We know this is inconvenient and is contrary to our desire to do whatever we can to make your stay comfortable and easy, but we hope that our actions will continue flatten the curve, and keep you safe.
We continue to closely monitor the Health Canada, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID‐19) cases and follow guidance from these agencies, our government and local health departments.
Our Cancellation Policy:
- For bookings made through a travel agent or online booking platform (i.e. Booking.com, Expedia), please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
- Groups & Meetings Bookings: We will work with our customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case by case basis. Our hotel is actively supporting groups and meetings organizers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with terms and conditions of that booking.
We continue to monitor the evolving situation and will be keeping this policy under review.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
Please view our Enhanced Cleaning & Safety Protocols.